Follow by Email

Thursday, 2 December 2010

And the beat goes on

Another 5am dose all finished with barely a murmur from the little man himself. Leo has physio today with Michael. He hasn't seen Michael since Wednesday when Michael noticed how uncomfortable Leo was and had a word with Dr Park on our behalf leading up to Leo being examined by him later that day. I think he will be impressed with just how different Leo is and by how much Leo has caught up and by his attitude to the physio, (just watch Leo will play up and refuse to do anything today now). Would not have believed this time last week when we were sitting in the emergency room how much better Leo is today. This time last week we couldn't even touch him because he was in so much pain. Really looking forward to him working out with Michael. Physio is at 9 ! Jo changed the dressing on Leo's back and noticed the skin around the scarring is redder than it was last night so will mention this today.
Well Physio went really well eventually. On arrival Leo was really excited to see Michael but unfortunately didn't calm down and basically just wanted to play. For those that haven't met Michael you will not truly understand when l say Michael really is as mad as a box of frogs, However he takes Physio very very very seriously, Leo walked from the entrance to the physio dept to the Gym (about 40 steps) with his sticks but all the time wanting to play and not really trying and it wasn't long before Michael and Leo had words! Once that was over Leo worked really hard and actually walked on the treadmill forwards for 5 minutes, sideways to the left 2.5 Min's and right 2.5mins and backwards for 5 Min's, Leo then went and did Leg presses and did them so well Micheal made it one stage tougher by lifting the bench to make Leo work harder, because Leo wouldn't co-operate when we first got there he missed the chance on the bike today. Michael has told him if he works hard he can get to ride it again tomorrow.
After Physio we popped into Dr Parks office and asked to see one of his team about Leo's back, Nicole came through (we met for the first time at Leo's assessment day but she has also seen a lot of us in the hospital) She examined Leo's back and agreed it did look a little inflamed so gave us some antibiotic ointment to put on it just to be on the safe side.
We got back to the hotel in plenty of time to administer Leos drug and had a pizza delivered and a lazy afternoon. In the early evening we met up with two of the other families out here and had dinner at TGI Fridays. Nice food and Leo got to meet Superman (a street performer who is Superman's double) but the restaurant was freezing cold as they had an issue with the heating.
We then popped to the local supermarket for some supplies an headed home for a quiet evening in the room.

No comments: